Franchise Owners and Managers: How to Handle Labor Protests
Unprecedented protests and strikes have become rampant in metropolitan Detroit, and the country, in recent months as unions set their sights on quick serve restaurants, coffee shops, convenience and grocery stores, and others who operate franchises.
With the creation of the first fully confirmed, 5 member National Labor Relations Board in 10 years and other recent union employer-unfriendly decisions, Permanent Solutions Labor Consultants and Maddin, Hauser, Wartell, Roth & Heller, P.C. are hosting a no-cost educational opportunity for franchise owners and managers to learn:
- How Union’s organize workers
- How Union’s turn employee concerns into the cornerstone of their campaigns
- Strategies to minimize potential liability and decrease the likelihood that employees will protest
Join Ricardo Torres, former high-level union official and current President and CEO of Permanent Solutions Labor Consultants, and James Reid, employment attorney with Maddin Hauser, as they discuss the best practices to protect your business by:
- Updating your employee handbook
- Identifying potential union activity ahead of a protest
- Knowing what you should and should not be doing when employees engage in concerted activity
When: September 11, 2013, 8 to 10 a.m.
Complimentary Continental breakfast will begin at 7:30 a.m.
Where: Skyline Club, 2000 Town Center #2800, Southfield 48075